Very Reverend Yves C. Babich
Very Rev. Father Yves C. Babich was born in Colmar, France on August 6th, 1950. Father Babich immigrated to the United States on July 4th, 1956, and became a United States
citizen in 1969. Father Yves graduated from Finney High School in Detroit in 1969, and went on to Macomb Community College, in Warren, Michigan. Father Yves served in the
U.S. Air Force from October 1974 to August 1976 as an Administration Specialist, and finally attended St. Tikhon’s Theological Seminary, South Canaan, Pennsylvania, and
graduated from the seminary in 1980.
Father Babic married his wife Katharina on September 9th, 1980. Together they have two children, Anna and Nicholas, and one grandson Jack. Father Babic also works at NASA
Glenn Research as a contractor. He is a Designer Draftsmen and contributes freelance artwork for Orthodox magazines.
Ordination; Serbian Orthodox Church. Reader and Sub-Deacon, 1983 by Metropolitan Iriney of the Serbian Orthodox Church. Deacon and priest on July 16th, 1984, by Metropolitan Iriney.
Father Babic has proudly served the following Churches:
- St. Mark Monastery in Sheffield, Ohio July 1984 to November 1984.
- St. George Church in Cincinnati, Ohio November 1984 to May 1988.
- St. Marks Monastery in Sheffield, Ohio November 1988 to August 1989.
- St. Archangel Michael Church in Monroeville Pa. August 1989 to November 1992.
- St. Marks Monastery in Sheffield Lake, Ohio November 1992 to August 1993.
- St. Archangel Michael Church in Monroeville Pa. 1993 to June 2001.
Father Babic has canonically released to the Orthodox Church in America Diocese of the Midwest in February 2002. From February 2002 to March 2006 Father Babic has served at the following churches:
- St. Theodosius Cathedral, Cleveland, Ohio, St Michaels Orthodox Church, Broadview Hts., Ohio, and Sts. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church, Lakewood, Ohio.
Father Yves was granted retirement as of June 2018 and was attached to Holy Trinity Church in Parma, Ohio by Bishop Paul, Bishop of Chicago and the Midwest. Some of the honors awarded to Father Yves include the Gold Cross by the Holy Synod in September 2002 by Archbishop Job. Elevation to Archpriest by the Holy Synod in June 2006 and by Archbishop Job in 2007. Awarded the Jeweled Cross by the Holy Synod in 2012 which was given to Fr. Ives by Bishop Sava in 2014.